2021 Bike Availability
We are receiving a great number of inquiries about new bikes right now, which is fantastic. We truly appreciate the support you’ve shown during these difficult months. Unfortunately not all news is good news. The effect of this increase in demand for bikes has lead to a tremendous strain on the supply chain network, and this will continue into the foreseeable future.
With this in mind, we want to provide some guidance to help you get what you want as soon as possible in this new era where delayed gratification could be the norm for some time. We highly recommend ordering as far in advance as possible. People who wait until spring 2021, are likely to find their options limited. People who order this winter, should be in good shape come spring/summer. If you are interested in a Trek, Electra, Cannondale or Cervelo or any other production bike that is currently not available, your quickest avenue to getting one is pre-ordering.
- While we periodically find a bike in-stock now, it is the exception, not the rule. Some 2021
models are already sold out.
- Pre-ordering guarantees that your name is on a unit and that you are in queue. If it isn’t
on order in your name, that means it can just as easily be ordered in someone else’s
- Bike inventory is going to be tight for a while, potentially a year or more. Why? It is hard
to grow factory capacity during a pandemic. Even in ideal times, factory lead times are
many months, not weeks.
- It is the only way to guarantee that you’ll be on the bike you want in 2021. Some bikes slated to ship in spring/ early summer this year are already sold
out before they even arrive in the warehouses. That means it could be August before more
arrive and those could sell out before they come in.
- You need only to put down 50% deposit now to place a bike order, you don’t need to pay
the balance until you pick-up the bike.
If you need any additional information, guidance, or clarification in regards pre-ordering, we are always a phone call or email away.
Thank you to all our customers who continue to support us.
Stay safe, stay fit.