2021 Bike Availability
We are receiving a good number of inquiries about new bikes right now, which is great. However, the supply chain for bikes and equipment is strained and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
With this in mind, we want to provide some guidance to help you get what you want as soon as possible in this new era where delayed gratification could be the norm for some time. We highly recommend ordering as far in advance as possible. People who wait until spring 2021, are likely to find their options limited. People who order this fall, should be in good shape come spring. If you are interested in a Trek, Electra, Cannondale or Cervelo or any other production bike that is currently not available, your quickest avenue to getting one is pre-ordering.
- While we periodically find a bike in-stock now, it is the exception, not the rule. Some 2021
models are already sold out.
- Pre-ordering guarantees that your name is on a unit and that you are in queue. If it isn’t
on order in your name, that means it can just as easily be ordered in someone else’s
- Bike inventory is going to be tight for a while, potentially a year or more. Why? It is hard
to grow factory capacity during a pandemic. Even in ideal times, factory lead times are
many months, not weeks.
- It is the only way to guarantee that you’ll be on the bike you want when spring weather
comes in 2021. Some bikes slated to ship in fall/winter this year are already sold
out before they even arrive in the warehouses. That means it could be June before more
arrive and those could sell out before they come in.
- You need only to put down 50% deposit now to place a bike order, you don’t need to pay
the balance until you pick-up the bike.
- People who plan ahead for 2021 will get rewarded. Those who do not, may be frustrated.
Thank you to all our customers who continue to support us.
Stay safe, stay fit.